|New Mexico State Senate District 8|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Campos was a High School Counselor for Santa Rosa Consolidated Schools from 1978 to 1982. In 1983 he was Administrative Assistant for the Office of the New Mexico State Auditor. He was a Toll Fellow in 1992 and a Flemming Fellow in 1994. He then was Interim/Acting Superintendent for Las Vegas City Schools from 2003 to 2004. He has been Associate Superintendent for Supportive Services Education for Las Vegas City Schools since 1993. He has also been Superintedent of Las Vegas City Schools since 2004.
Campos earned his BA in Economics/Philosophy from the University of New Mexico in 1974. He went on to receive his MA in Counseling from New Mexico Highland University in 1993. He later earned his EdD in Educational Leadership from the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, in 2003.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Campos has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Campos served on these committees:
Campos raised $42,645 for his campaign.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Pete Campos' 2008 campaign.
|Lovelace Health Systems||$1,900|
|Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 412||$1,400|
|Virtue Najjar & Brown||$1,300|
|Franken Brothers LLC||$1,100|
Campos and his wife, Lori, have one child.
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996, 1992
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
- 2008 election results, New Mexico Senate
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Pete's 2008 campaign contributions
|New Mexico State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|