Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 49|
|1987 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||27|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Abbate's professional experiences include legislative assistant to Assemblyman Stephen Solarz; and district representative for United States Congressman Stephen Solarz.
Abbate earned a BA in political science from Saint John's University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Abbate has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Abbate served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
|New York State Assembly, District 49 2010|
|Peter Abbate (D)||7,416|
|Peter Cipriano (R)||4,659|
On November 4, 2008 Abbate won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 49, defeating opponent Lucretia Regina-Potter (R).
Abbate raised $324,281 for his campaign while Regina-Potter raised $12,951.
|New York State Assembly, District 49 2008|
|Peter Abbate (D)||14,034|
|Lucretia Regina-Potter (R)||5,487|
In 2008, a year in which Abbate was up for election, he collected $324,281 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Uniformed Fire Fighters Association||$6,100|
|Uniformed Fire Officers Association Local 854||$5,100|
|Nassau County Superior Officers Association||$5,000|
|New York City District Council of Carpenters||$4,550|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Peter Abbate
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 49
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |