|New York State Assembly District 49|
|1987 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||27|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Saint John's University, 1971|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Abbate's professional experiences include legislative assistant to Assemblyman Stephen Solarz; and district representative for United States Congressman Stephen Solarz.
Abbate earned a BA in political science from Saint John's University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Abbate has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Abbate served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Abbate ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 49. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated Vincent Katinas in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 49 2010|
|Peter Abbate (D)||7,416|
|Peter Cipriano (R)||4,659|
On November 4, 2008 Abbate won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 49, defeating opponent Lucretia Regina-Potter (R).
Abbate raised $324,281 for his campaign while Regina-Potter raised $12,951.
|New York State Assembly, District 49 2008|
|Peter Abbate (D)||14,034|
|Lucretia Regina-Potter (R)||5,487|
In 2010, Abbate received $282,684 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Peter Abbate's campaign in 2010|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$4,000|
|Uniformed Fire Officers Association Local 854||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Public Employees Federation||$3,800|
|New York State Troopers||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$282,684|
In 2008, a year in which Abbate was up for election, he collected $324,281 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Uniformed Fire Fighters Association||$6,100|
|Uniformed Fire Officers Association Local 854||$5,100|
|Nassau County Superior Officers Association||$5,000|
|New York City District Council of Carpenters||$4,550|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Peter + Abbate + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Peter Abbate
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Abbate
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Peter Abbate
|New York Assembly - District 49
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |