|Michigan House of Representatives District 36|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Master's||Wayne State University|
- 1 Previous offices held
- 2 Political campaign history
- 3 Voting record
- 4 Committee assignments
- 5 Elections
- 6 Campaign donors
- 7 Campaign contributions
- 8 Scorecards
- 9 Personal
- 10 Recent news
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Rep. Lund received a B.A. in Economics and Political Science from Adrian College. He received an M.B.A. with an emphasis in Finance from Wayne State University. Representative Lund is the owner of Direct Mailers, and a part-time professor of Public Finance at Walsh College. Prior to running and winning office as a state representative in 2008, Lund served as Macomb County Commissioner for eleven years. On February 10, 2009, representative Lund introduced legislation for the first time. The legislation would stop property taxes from increasing while property values are declining, an issue Lund felt had been very important to constiuents throughout the election.
Pete Lund resides in Shelby Township with his wife, Karen Potchynok-Lund. He has two daughters.
Previous offices held
Lund served as a Macomb County commissioner for eleven years before being elected state representative.
Political campaign history
- 2008 election for State House
- Pete Lund (R) 61%
- Robert Murphy (D) 39%
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Right to Work, Lawmakers voting on an amendment SUPPORTING RIGHT-TO-WORK zones.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- Secret Ballot, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep a SECRET BALLOT for union elections.
More voting record details
- List of all of Peter Lund’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Peter Lund’s 0 missed roll-call votes
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lund has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lund served on these committees:
Lund won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 36. He defeated Tadd Siglow in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Robert Murphy (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Peter Lund Incumbent||64.1%||26,870|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 36 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Peter Lund Incumbent||74.5%||8,572|
Lund won re-election to the District 36 Seat in 2010. He defeated Sebastian Previti and Brian Senia in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Robert Murphy (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 36 General election (2010)|
|Peter Lund (R)||25,523|
|Robert Murphy (D)||11,027|
Peter Lund raised $50,872 for his campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 36|
|Peter Lund (R)||30,753|
|Robert Murphy (D)||19,905|
In 2010, Lund received $45,790 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Pete Lund's campaign in 2010|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$4,250|
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$3,000|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$2,500|
|Michigan Mcdonalds Operators Association||$1,400|
|Michigan Society Of Anesthesiologists||$1,325|
|Total Raised in 2010||$45,790|
In 2008 Peter Lund collected $50,872 in donations. 
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$5,000|
|Michigan Automobile Dealers Association||$2,000|
|Michigan Chamber of Commerce||$1,150|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||$1,000|
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Peter Lund
S-885 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48933
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Peter Lund received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Lund and his wife Karen have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Peter + Lund + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Peter Lund
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Votes - Peter Lund
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Peter Lund on Facebook
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 5, 2012
- Michigan House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Lund's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributors to Peter Lund
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 36
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||