For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|South Carolina House District 115|
|2010 - Present|
|November 10, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
McCoy received his B.A. from Hampden-Sydney College in 2001 and his J.D. from Regent University in 2005.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McCoy served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Laws
McCoy has been rumored to be a potential candidate to fill Tim Scott's U.S. House of Representatives seat. The election will be held to fill the vacancy left by the appointment of Scott to the United States Senate. South Carolina law dictates that a primary election to fill a vacancy to the U.S. House must be held on the 11th Tuesday after the vacancy occurs, with the general election being held 18 weeks after the vacancy. Based on what U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R) has said regarding his departure from the U.S. Senate, the primary would be held sometime in late March with the general election in May.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 115, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Peter McCoy Incumbent||67.9%||11,462|
McCoy did not have any opposition in June 8 primary.
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 115 (2010)|
|Peter McCoy (R)||5,801||47.01%|
|Anne Peterson Hutto (D)||5,345||43.32%|
|Eugene Platt (G)||1188||9.63%|
McCoy raised $111,396 in the 2010 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|House Republican Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|At least 19 individual donations each of:||$1,000|
McCoy was married in 2010 to Jennifer Blanchard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Peter + McCoy + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Peter McCoy campaign website
- South Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Peter McCoy
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Peter McCoy on Facebook
- Peter McCoy on Twitter
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces SC Rep. Peter McCoy as Lowcountry Chairman," December 29, 2011
- Washington Post "Scott's departure for Senate will trigger third special House election in 2013," December 17, 2012
- Post and Courier "If Haley picks Scott to take DeMint's place, expect wide-open race," December 8, 2012
- AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 25, 2012
- South Carolina general election results
- 2010 Campaign contributors to Peter McCoy
Anne Peterson Hutto (D)
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |