Peterson A. Vazquez
|New York State Assembly District 138|
|Bachelor's||Roberts Wesleyan University (2007)|
|Master's||Roberts Wesleyan University (2012)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Vazquez served as a Sergeant in the US Army. He has worked as a small business owner, and most recently as a Revenue Officer for the US Department of Treasury.
Vazquez is affiliated with the Chester F. Carlson MetroCenter YMCA Board of Directors, Latino Leadership Development Program, United Way of Rochester, and Rochester Hispanic Business Association.
- Undergraduate degree in Organizational Management, Roberts Wesleyan University, 2007
- Masters degree in Strategic Leadership, Roberts Wesleyan University, 2012
On his campaign website, Vazquez highlights three main issues of his campaign:
- Education Reform: "Many public school systems are underfunded, and worse, focused on social issues versus focusing on teaching fundamentals such as; reading, writing, math and logic, and the sciences. Our community needs students who can read and write in order to provide for their future families and contribute to the betterment of our community."
- Economic Development: " Mandates, duplicate services, programs, and systems have become an unnecessary burden on hard-working taxpayers as well as a burden to grassroots efforts seeking to better our community. If we reduce or outright eliminate mandates and duplicated services, programs, and systems the savings can then be passed on to taxpayers and grassroots efforts serving those in need within our community."
- Protecting Employees: "Overregulation and the mishandling of taxpayer dollars have placed both public & private employee benefits and pensions in harm’s way. It is the belief of many that those who work hard should be rewarded fair and equitably. No public or private employee should have to worry about their benefits and pensions because some of our elected officials think it is ok to not listen to their constituents and overregulate or mishandle taxpayer dollars."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Vazquez is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 138. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. District 131 incumbent Harry B. Bronson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary; he is also running on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peterson + Vazquez + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, August 24, 2012
- Peterson Vasquez for Assembly, "Issues," accessed August 27, 2012
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |