Peterson A. Vazquez
|New York State Assembly, District 138|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Roberts Wesleyan University (2007)|
|Master's||Roberts Wesleyan University (2012)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Vazquez served as a Sergeant in the US Army. He has worked as a small business owner, and most recently as a Revenue Officer for the US Department of Treasury.
Vazquez is affiliated with the Chester F. Carlson MetroCenter YMCA Board of Directors, Latino Leadership Development Program, United Way of Rochester, and Rochester Hispanic Business Association.
- Undergraduate degree in Organizational Management, Roberts Wesleyan University, 2007
- Master's degree in Strategic Leadership, Roberts Wesleyan University, 2012
On his campaign website, Vazquez highlights three main issues of his campaign:
- Education Reform: "Many public school systems are underfunded, and worse, focused on social issues versus focusing on teaching fundamentals such as; reading, writing, math and logic, and the sciences. Our community needs students who can read and write in order to provide for their future families and contribute to the betterment of our community."
- Economic Development: " Mandates, duplicate services, programs, and systems have become an unnecessary burden on hard-working taxpayers as well as a burden to grassroots efforts seeking to better our community. If we reduce or outright eliminate mandates and duplicated services, programs, and systems the savings can then be passed on to taxpayers and grassroots efforts serving those in need within our community."
- Protecting Employees: "Overregulation and the mishandling of taxpayer dollars have placed both public & private employee benefits and pensions in harm’s way. It is the belief of many that those who work hard should be rewarded fair and equitably. No public or private employee should have to worry about their benefits and pensions because some of our elected officials think it is ok to not listen to their constituents and overregulate or mishandle taxpayer dollars."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Harry Bronson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Peterson A. Vazquez was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bronson is running on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets and Vazquez is running on the Conservative Party ticket. Bronson and Vazquez will face off in the general election.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Vazquez ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 138. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. He was defeated by district 131 incumbent Harry B. Bronson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 138, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Harry Bronson Incumbent||63.3%||29,715|
|Republican||Peterson A. Vazquez||36.7%||17,242|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Peterson + Vazquez + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 138
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, August 24, 2012
- Peterson Vasquez for Assembly, "Issues," accessed August 27, 2012
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |