|South Carolina State Senate District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia, 1969|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1969-1974|
|Birthday||November 3, 1945|
|Place of birth||Lexington County|
|Profession||President & General Manager, Dixie Beverage Company|
Leventis was the Democratic Nominee for the South Carolina Lt. Governor in 2002. He joined the South Carolina State Senate in 1980 and served in that position since until 2012.
Leventis was a Pilot in the United States Air Force from 1969 to 1974. He went on to be a Brigadier General in the South Carolina Air National Guard from 1974 to 1999. He is currently the President and General Manager of Dixie Beverage Company.
Phil Leventis attended the University of Virginia in 1969.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Leventis served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Education Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Ethics Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Finance Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee, South Carolina State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Leventis served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Education Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Ethics Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Finance Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee, South Carolina Senate
Leventis raised $86,147 for his campaign.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 35|
|Phil Leventis (D)||21,931|
|Karen Michalik (R)||13,518|
Leventis raised $86,147 in the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Senate Democratic Caucus of South Carolina||$10,000|
|South Carolina Education Association||$2,000|
|South Carolina Medical Association||$2,000|
|Hill Plumbing & Electric||$1,250|
Leventis and his wife Ellen have four children.
- Sen. Leventis's website
- Profile from the South Carolina Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
|South Carolina State Senate - District 35
| Succeeded by|
Thomas McElveen (D)