Difference between revisions of "Philip Ramos"
m (Text replace - 'Category:House of Representatives, candidate' to 'Category:House of Representatives candidate, 2010')
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
[[Category:House of Representatives
[[Category:House of Representatives candidate]]
Revision as of 07:21, 18 December 2010
|New York State Assembly District 6|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Ramos' professional experiences include detective for Suffolk County Police Department; police officer for Suffolk County; emergency medical technician; and therapy aide for Pilgrim Psychiatric Center. He has two children.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Ramos ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Mohsen Elsayed (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
On November 4, 2008 Ramos won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 6, defeating opponent Waldo Cabrera (Conservative).
Ramos raised $148,903 for his campaign while Cabrera raised $28,242.
|New York State Assembly, District 6 2008|
|Philip Ramos (D)||23,386|
|Waldo Cabrera (Conservative)||1,968|
In 2008, a year in which Ramos was up for re-election, he collected $148,903 in donations.
|New York State United Teachers||$7,600|
|Suffolk County Democratic Committee||$4,500|
|Paterson for Governor||$4,000|
|Three separate donors each gave:||$3,800|
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Students with Special Needs
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Volunteer Emergency Services
- New York Assembly - Rep. Philip Ramos
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|New York Assembly - District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |