|New York State Assembly District 6|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Ramos' professional experiences include detective for Suffolk County Police Department; police officer for Suffolk County; emergency medical technician; and therapy aide for Pilgrim Psychiatric Center. He has two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ramos has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Students with Special Needs
- Subcommittee on Volunteer Emergency Services, Chair
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ramos served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Students with Special Needs
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Volunteer Emergency Services
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Ramos is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 6. He defeated Samuel J. Gonzalez in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Manuel Troche ran unopposed in the Republican primary; he is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Ramos ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Mohsen Elsayed (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 6 2010|
|Philip Ramos (D)||13,684|
|Mohsen Elsayed (R)||4,570|
On November 4, 2008 Ramos won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 6, defeating opponent Waldo Cabrera (Conservative).
Ramos raised $148,903 for his campaign while Cabrera raised $28,242.
|New York State Assembly, District 6 2008|
|Philip Ramos (D)||23,386|
|Waldo Cabrera (Conservative)||1,968|
In 2010, Ramos received $39,491 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Philip Ramos's campaign in 2010|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|Suffolk County Police Benevolent Association||$3,100|
|Association Of Municipal Employees||$3,000|
|Suffolk County Detectives Association||$1,550|
|Suffolk County Superior Officers Association||$1,550|
|Total Raised in 2010||$39,491|
In 2008, a year in which Ramos was up for re-election, he collected $148,903 in donations.
|New York State United Teachers||$7,600|
|Suffolk County Democratic Committee||$4,500|
|Paterson for Governor||$4,000|
|Three separate donors each gave:||$3,800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Philip + Ramos + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Philip Ramos
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ramos
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Philip Ramos
|New York Assembly - District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |