|Phillip "Blake" Weatherly|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 5|
- See also: United States budget debate, 2013
In a forum on October 8, 2013, at the University of Louisiana at Monroe, Weatherly commented on the shutdown, saying, “Our politicians have put their job aside. They should have passed a budget. Let’s fix the root cause of this and work together to pass a budget." He also added that an unbalanced budget is racking up billions in interest payments that could have otherwise been spent on the country.
Weatherly ran for the U.S. House representing the 5th Congressional District of Louisiana.  The election was held to replace Rodney Alexander, who announced his resignation in order to take a position as the next Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs at the end of September 2013. He was defeated in the open primary on October 19, 2013.
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 5 Special Election Open Primary, 2013|
|Republican||Phillip "Blake" Weatherly||0.5%||517|
|Libertarian||Henry Herford, Jr.||0.9%||886|
|Source: Official results via Louisiana Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Phillip+ Weatherly+ Louisiana+ Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NOLA.com, "Three more candidates jump into 5th District race," accessed August 21, 2013
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "U. S. Representative -- 5th Congressional District," accessed October 19, 2013
- The Town Talk, "5th District race: 3 candidates blast shutdown at UL-Monroe forum," accessed October 10, 2013
- Nola.com, "Rodney Alexander to join Jindal administration, departure from Congress will trigger special election," accessed August 8, 2013