Q. Byrum Hurst
|Q. Byrum Hurst|
|U.S. House, Arkansas, District 4|
|High school||Hot Springs High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Arkansas|
|J.D.||University of Arkansas|
Hurst received a bachelor's degree in business administration and a law degree from the University of Arkansas. He has since worked for over 35 years as an attorney.
Hurst's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As the healthcare debate continues at the national level, I know that our Arkansas Legislature must continue to work towards affordable and accessible healthcare for all Arkansans and planning for state implementation of any initiative passed by the federal government."
- Bringing Good Jobs to the 4th District
- Excerpt: "am a small business owner and my wife is also, so we’ve seen the tough economic atmosphere that exists for businesses right now. Attracting new industry to Arkansas is vital to keeping workers employed and expanding our tax base."
- Education is the Key
- Excerpt: "You simply cannot have a successful economic development effort without offering quality public education"
- Honesty in Government
- Excerpt: "This Congressional seat belongs to all residents of District 4. You support government with your hard earned tax dollars and you should expect results. You also deserve honest answers, a strong work ethic and communication from your Representative."
- See also: Arkansas State Senate elections, 2010
Hurst was defeated by Gene Shelby in the May 18 primary.
Hurst and his wife, Rita, have five children.