R. Lee James
|R. Lee James|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 64|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 years|
|Years of service||1966-1972|
|Place of birth||PA|
James earned his B.S. in Economics from Clarion University in 1974 and his M.B.A. from Clarion University in 1983. His professional experience includes working as a financial consultant. James served in U.S. Navy from 1966 to 1972.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, James served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services, Secretary|
|• Local Government|
|• Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness|
James' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Good jobs are the first priority for our area. I will focus on helping local businessmen to create jobs in the county I will work to reduce over-regulation by the government."
- "I will support improvements in the educational system to help provide opportunities for students of all ages. Education is a cornerstone of our democracy."
- "I will support and seek opportunities to improve the infrastructure in the county with projects that benefit individuals and industry."
- "Pennsylvania is blessed with an abundance of natural resources. I will work to enable industry to recover these resources responsibly for the benefit of our residents."
James ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 64. James defeated Randall Smith and Thomas Myers in the Republican primary on April 24 and was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 64, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||R. Lee James||100%||19,540|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 64 Republican Primary, 2012|
|R. Lee James||49.9%||2,927|
Comprehensive donor information for R. Lee James is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, R. Lee James raised a total of $22,892 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|R. Lee James's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 64||$22,892|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,892|
2012R. Lee James won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, R. Lee James raised a total of $22,892.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to R. Lee James's campaign in 2012|
|Breene, Charles E||$2,295|
|Fritz, William D & Kelly||$2,000|
|King, Joseph C & Laura L||$1,000|
|Williams, Douglas C & Carol M||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$22,892|
|Source:Follow the Money|
James and his wife, Maureen, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lee + James + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Scott Hutchinson (R)
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 64
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |