|Governor of Oklahoma|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma|
|J.D.||University of Oklahoma College of Law|
|Service/branch||Army National Guard|
|Date of birth||November 16, 1972|
|Place of birth||Riverside, California|
|Profession||Sergeant, former Air Traffic Controller|
Harris is a career National Guard Officer and combat veteran. He has been a small business owner and an air traffic controller with the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Bachelor's, Philosophy and Law, University of Oklahoma
- J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law
- See also: Oklahoma gubernatorial election, 2014
Harris was defeated by incumbent Tom Cole in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Oklahoma's 4th District. He ran as an Independent. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
"RJ Harris 2012"
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Donna Marie Bebo||27.6%||71,846|
|Republican||Tom Cole Incumbent||67.9%||176,740|
|Source: Oklahoma Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson
2012 Presidential Election
In August 2011, Harris launched his candidacy for the Libertarian nomination for President. He ended his presidential campaign in April 2012 and announced his congressional bid.
In 2010, Harris challenged incumbent Rep. Tom Cole for the Republican nomination, but lost in the primary election.
RJ and his wife Jennifer live in Norman, OK with their five children: Mercedes, Georgia, Wyatt, Peyton and Braxton.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "RJ + Harris + Oklahoma + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Otter Limits, "RJ Harris To Run For Oklahoma Governor!," August 8, 2013
- RJ Harris 2012, "Meet RJ," accessed December 5, 2013
- RJ Harris, "RJ Harris for Oklahoma Governor," August 8, 2013
- Oklahoma Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 13, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Oklahoma"
- RJHarris2012.com, "Presidential Candidate and former NM Governor, Gary Johnson, Endorses RJ Harris" Accessed June 16, 2012
- NewsOK.com, "Norman man changes goal from president to Congress" Accessed June 16, 2012
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |