Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 103|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 28, 2014|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Barbara Drummond defeated Charlie Staten in the Democratic primary. Ralph Carmichael was unopposed in the Republican primary. Drummond then defeated Carmichael in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 103, General Election, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 103 Democratic Primary, 2014|
2014 special election
Margie Wilcox (R) defeated Stephen P. Carr, II (D) in the special election, which took place on February 4. Carr was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Susan Hightower, Margie Wilcox, Ralph Carmichael, Nathan Davis and Charlie Plyler faced off in the Republican primary. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Wilcox and Hightower - met in the Republican primary runoff on December 3, 2013, which Wilcox won.
A special election for the position of Alabama House of Representatives District 104 was initially called for December 3, 2013, with a primary on October 15, 2013. Because a runoff on December 3, 2013, was needed, the special election was scheduled to take place on January 28, 2014, instead. Due to inclement weather, the election was pushed back a week to February 4.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 104, Special Election, 2014|
|Republican||Stephen P. Carr, II||9.5%||307|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ralph + Carmichael + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- "Official candidate list," accessed October 7, 2013
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
- Official special election results submitted to Ballotpedia by Brandon Walters from the Alabama Secretary of State's Office on May 7, 2014
- al.com, "Hightower, Wilcox to face off in GOP primary for state House seat (updated, photos)," October 15, 2013
- therepublic.com, "Wilcox defeats Hightower in Alabama House District 104 runoff," December 3, 2013
- timesdaily.com, " Special elections set for Ala. House districts," August 8, 2013 (dead link)
- al.com, "Citing inclement weather forecast, governor delays special election set for Mobile House seat," January 27, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|