Ramiro Garza, Jr.
|Ramiro Garza, Jr.|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 34|
|Bachelor's||The University of Texas-Brownsville|
|Master's||The University of Texas-Brownsville|
|Place of birth||Brownsville|
Garza's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Create Good Jobs
- Excerpt: "Ramiro brings experience that will help grow the District's economy. With his background in working with all programs that assist new and expanding businesses, Ramiro will help to position communities to maximize economic opportunities for new jobs and infrastructure."
- Broaden Access to Higher Education
- Excerpt: "Ramiro owes his success to the education he received as a student at The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College. Ramiro will work to ensure that each person has an opportunity to receive a quality and affordable education. "
- Expand Transportation
- Excerpt: "For the last 15 years, Ramiro has been a proponent of improving the region's infrastructure. With more than 1 million people, the Rio Grande Valley continues to be without an Interstate Highway."
- Improve Health Care
- Excerpt: "With the growing population, the District continues to be underserved by the number of doctors in the region. Ramiro supports a full-fledge medical school and bringing research opportunities to this region that will serve to develop new treatments for chronic diseases like diabetes. "
Garza and his wife, Maria, have two children.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |