Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate District 34|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Shannon was running in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 34. Shannon ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was set to face District 18 incumbent Liz Mathis in the general election on November 6, 2012.
However, in a letter dated July 4, 2012, Shannon declared she was withdrawing from the race in order to become Senator of the "Republic of the United States of America," as opposed to the current U.S. government, which she referred to as an "Unlawful Corporate Democracy."
As Shannon explains in her letter, "Where the de jure Republic of the United States of America exists the de facto UNITED STATES CORPORATION, having no standing, must go away!"
Shannon said she was appointed to serve as U.S. Senator in the Republic government by the Republic's four U.S. House members from Iowa.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Randi + Shannon + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 18, 2012
- Iowa City Patch, "GOP Candidate Quits Iowa Senate Race to Become Senator of Alternative Government," July 13, 2012
- DesMoines Register, "Eastern Iowa state Senate candidate drops bid; says she has been appointed ‘Republic’ Senator instead," July 13, 2012