For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|2009 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Idaho|
|Master's||Pacific Lutheran University|
Dorn, a lifelong resident of Washington state, taught at the elementary and middle school levels and was an elementary and high school principal. He served in the Washington House of Representatives for seven years. In 1999, he became executive director of Public School Employees of Washington.
- Bachelors Degree in Education, University of Idaho
- Masters Degree in Education, Pacific Lutheran University
Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction (2009-present)
Dorn has served as Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction since 2009.
Dorn won re-election in 2012. He faced John Patterson Blair, James Bauckman, Ronald Higgins and Don Hansler in the blanket primary on August 7. Dorn was unopposed in the general election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction General Election, 2012|
|N/A||Randy Dorn Incumbent||100%||2,164,163|
|Election Results via Washington Secretary of State.|
|Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction, Primary, 2012|
|Randy I. Dorn||56.2%||634,314|
|Ronald L. (Ron) Higgins||15.3%||172,331|
|John Patterson Blair||6%||67,898|
|Election Results via Washington Secretary of State (dead link).|
Comprehensive donor information for Dorn is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Dorn raised a total of $381,437 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 8, 2013.
Dorn won re-election to the position of Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction in 2012. During that election cycle, Dorn raised a total of $103,512.
|Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Randy Dorn's campaign in 2012|
|John W. Stanton||$3,600|
|Washington Forest Protection Association||$3,050|
|Association of Washington School Principals||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$103,512|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Randy Dorn's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Randy Dorn's Campaign Contributions|
Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$327,604|
|Top 5 contributors||Washington State Democratic Party||$50,000|
Washington Education Association
|Pemco Mutual Insurance Group|
Association of Washington School Principals
|Washington Organization of Vocational Educators||$3,200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Randy + Dorn + Washington + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website (Website dead as of May 2013)
- Washington Office of Public Instruction
- Dorn's biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Seattle's Q13 FOX, "Inslee maintains slim lead in governor's race; Ferguson wins attorney general contest," November 7, 2012
- Randy Dorn 2012, "Meet Randy," accessed June 30, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results," accessed August 9, 2012
- Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Randy Dorn," accessed May 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
|Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction
| Succeeded by|