|Kansas House of Representatives District 62|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Years of service||1969-1989|
|Place of birth||Axtell, Kansas|
Garber is a 20-year veteran of the United States Navy, and after his retirement he continued to teach about electronics and guns in Navy schools.
Garber's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Taxes and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Aiding small business growth will produce more state revenue and ease the tax burden for everyone."
Human Life and the Family
- Excerpt:"I am pro-life and believe in the sanctity of every human life. Protecting family values is important in keeping our communities strong."
- Excerpt:"Our schools need more local control and less government interference."
- Excerpt:"I support the rights of law-abiding citizens to own guns without government regulation."
- Excerpt:"I supported legislation that reduces regulations on agriculture."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Garber served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications, Vice-chair|
|• Social Services Budget|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget|
|• Energy and Environment|
Garber served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
|• Economic Development|
|• Local Government|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
|• Vision 2020|
Garber won re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 62. Garber defeated Leslie Scoby in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Dennis R. Stones (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Randy Garber Incumbent||63.2%||6,244|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 62 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Randy Garber Incumbent||59.3%||2,110|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 62 General Election (2010)|
|Randy Garber (R)||3,909|
|Steve Lukert (D)||3,353|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Garber raised $18,785 in contributions. 
He contributed the most money to his campaign, $5,829.
Garber and his wife Kay have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Randy + Garber + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- House site
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Randy Garber on Facebook
- Randy Garber on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Steve Lukert (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |