|Arkansas State Senate District 2|
|2003-January 10, 2013|
|Base salary||$15,869 per year|
|Per diem||$136 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2002|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Arkansas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech University|
|Birthday||March 8, 1953|
|Place of birth||Pittsburgh, PA|
Laverty was a member of the Jasper School Board from 1982 to 1987. He served in the Arkansas State House of Representatives from 1995 to 2000. He then joined the Arkansas State Senate in 2003.
Laverty works in Insurance. He received a BA from Arkansas Tech University
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Laverty served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Subcommittee on Claims
- Subcommittee on Peer Review
- Senate Efficiency Committee, Arkansas State Senate, Chair
- Joint Energy Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Legislative Facilities Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas State Senate, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Laverty served on these committees:
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Senate Rules, Resolutions and Memorials Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee, Arkansas State Senate
Laverty raised $53,269 for his campaign.
Laverty raised no money in the 2010 election cycle.
In 2008, Laverty collected $53,269 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$4,250|
|Friedkin Business Services||$2,000|
|Madison County Telephone Co.||$2,000|
|Madison County Cellular Inc.||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Randy + Laverty + Arkansas + Senate"
Laverty and his wife, Virginia Lee, have three children.
- Official Arkansas State Senate website of Senator Randy Laverty
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Randy Laverty
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002
|Arkansas State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|
Jim Hendren (R)