|U.S. House, Oregon, District 5th|
|High school||North Marion High (1967)|
|Other||Association of General Contractors/Project Management Certificate|
Baldwin graduated from North Marion High-General Education in 1967. He studied history at Oregon College of Education in Monmoth, and attended Portland Community College and Portland State, where his fields of concentration were political science and Middle East Studies. He holds his Association of General Contractors/Project Management Certificate.
His resume includes working general construction - he was a union carpenter, an expeditor for a sheet metal plant, a plywood mill worker, and a booman - as well as serving in many leadership roles in community. Baldwin served two years on the Grade School Site Council for Knight Elementary School-2 years and one year on the Ackerman Jr. High Site Council. He spent five years with the Cub-scouts, one as Pack Commissioner, and then two years as senior patrol adviser for the Boy-scouts.
Baldwin has been active in Oregon politics for decades. He has made three prior bids for public office. He ran for Mayor of Canby in 1972, Oregon State Representative in 1976, and again for state House in 1980.
Baldwin ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Oregon's 5th District. He faced incumbent Kurt Schrader (D), Fred Thompson (R), and Christina Jean Lugo (Pacific Green Party) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Schrader won.
|U.S. House, Oregon, District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kurt Schrader Incumbent||54%||177,229|
|Green||Christina Jean Lugo||2.3%||7,516|
|Source: Oregon Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Baldwin's political philosophy is that individual law abiding citizens should be free to enjoy their constitutional rights without government interference through spying, false data collection, and unlawful intrusions.
2012 Campaign themes
Baldwin ran for Oregon's 5th congressional district seat in 2012 as a Constitution candidate. He proposes to focus on the following issues:
- Amend the Patriot Act to disallow government spying on sovereign citizens
- Repeal Obamacares federal medical invasion of privacy
- Oppose medical records computer database
- Amend the Hippa Law to disclude the phase "best interest" of children, allowing parents and spouses easier access to medical reocords.
- Uphold our 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, among all others!
- Create incentives for states to "Hire Veterans First".
Baldwin resides in Canby, Oregon. He raised 9 children as a single father and has 9 grandchildren and one great grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Raymond + Baldwin + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 10 Kansas sites nominated for national register - Topeka Capital Journal
- Long Island fire district election information - Newsday
- The DVD Wrapup Gift Guide II - Movie City News
- Oregon Secretary of State Elections Division
- Raymond Baldwin Official Campaign Website
- Oregon Secretary of State Candidate Information: Raymond Lee Baldwin
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Candidate Filing," accessed September 7, 2012
- CNN "Oregon Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Elections Division: Candidate Information," August 24, 2012
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, October 27, 2012
- Baldwin for Congress Official Campaign Website, "About me," accessed October 27, 2012