Difference between revisions of "Raymond Dehn"
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
Revision as of 19:37, 17 July 2013
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Master's||University of Minnesota|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dehn served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection Finance and Policy|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
|• Transportation Finance|
Dehn's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Proposed State Constitutional Amendments
- Excerpt: "I believe we need to vigorously oppose these amendments, work to keep discrimination out of our constitution, and make sure that not a single voter is disenfranchised through an unnecessary rule requiring voter ID. Let’s get to work on making our state better and stronger."
Jobs and the Green Economy
- Excerpt: "The green economy has the opportunity to place many low-skilled, highly-skilled and all workers between in new jobs on a ladder toward success. These are living wage jobs that are vital to so many families and provide future promotional opportunities as well. We have the chance to create new industries and provide new skills for many who are underemployed, if we are willing to invest in green technologies, green building retrofits, and related education and training."
- Excerpt: "All children in Minnesota should have access to educational opportunities that provide a foundation for future success as teenagers and adults. If we don’t make investments early in the lives of our children, we will certainly pay the price later. Moreover, early childhood development and quality education need to be the cornerstones of a comprehensive public safety or social service program."
Public Safety/Criminal Justice System
- Excerpt: "Everyone should feel safe in their own neighborhood. Additionally, they should also feel safe in other neighborhoods. Public safety begins with a justice system that is fair, equitable and most importantly applied equally to all citizens of Minnesota. Only then will our communities be truly safe."
- Excerpt: "While the debate on healthcare continues at the national level it is important to remember that we as a State do not need to wait for the Congress to intact changes to the system, we can do that now at the state level. In the state of Minnesota, all people should have access to quality affordable healthcare."
Community and Business Development
- Excerpt: "Our neighborhoods in North Minneapolis have been devastated by the downturn in the housing market, the mortgage foreclosure crisis and the May 22nd tornado that impacted 1000’s of homes. Not only have many families and individuals been displaced, but many homes have fallen into disrepair. If we do not act swiftly, the loss of these houses and families will have a prolonged negative impact on our community.... North Minneapolis needs to have a viable commercial corridor as well. Broadway needs a focused effort similar to what happened when the City of Minneapolis, Hennepin County and private developers came together at Chicago and Lake Street. Until we do, all the great redevelopment efforts that we see today, such as 1101 Broadway, the Capri Theater and development along Lowry may fall short."
- Excerpt: "For far too long the Northside of Minneapolis has been underserved by public transportation. In many areas of North Minneapolis it is imperative that residents have transportation options to provide access to employment, food and needed services.... Beyond the lack of transportation options for residents of the Northside, we also need to consider the current hiring practices of MNDOT."
Dehn won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 59B. He defeated Terra Cole and Ian Alexander in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Gary Mazzotta (R) and Anthony Hilton (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59B, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 59B Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Dehn is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dehn raised a total of $26,582 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
|Raymond Dehn's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 59B||$26,582|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,582|
2012Dehn won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dehn raised a total of $26,582.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Raymond Dehn's campaign in 2012|
|Committee of Thirteen||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,582|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Raymond + Dehn + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Phyllis Kahn (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 59B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |