|Utah House of Representatives District 64|
|1999 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||16|
|Speaker, Utah State House of Representatives|
|2011 - present|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Date of birth||November 20, 1968|
|Place of birth||Reno, NV|
Lockhart is a past Chair of the Legislative District. She is also a member of the Republican State Central Committee.
Lockhart currently works as a Registered Nurse and a Homemaker.
Lockhart earned her BS in Nursing from Brigham Young University.
Lockhart told the 2013 Sutherland Institute Legislative Policy Conference that she wanted the federal government to give Utah its Medicaid funds as a block grant, which she said would enable Utah to carry out the federally required expansion of Medicaid at the present funding level.
Lockhart's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will continue to promote policies that keep costs down and increase consumer involvement in their own health care decisions."
- Excerpt:"Utah must continue to provide a fertile environment for private enterprise to prosper. I will continue to advocate for principles of limited taxation and limited, appropriate regulations."
- Excerpt:"I will continue to cut through bureaucracy and seek common sense solutions to the problems facing Utah, Utah County and Legislative District 64."
- Excerpt:"I will continue to work toward a long-term transportation plan to meet the needs of the state without mortgaging our children’s future."
Defense of the Family
- Excerpt:"I will continue to actively support measures that strengthen the family. I will also vigorously oppose legislation that takes decisions about children away from parents. I will continue to advocate for anti-pornography measures."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lockhart served on the following committees:
- Administrative Rules Review Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Education Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Executive Appropriations
- Legislative Management Committee, Utah State Legislature, Vice Chair
- House Management Committee, Chair
- Redistricting Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Legislative Audit, Co-Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lockhart served on the following committees:
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee, Utah House
- Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee, Utah House
Lockhart won re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 64. She ran unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Boyd Jay Petersen (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 64, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Rebecca Lockhart Incumbent||76.1%||6,989|
|Democratic||Boyd Jay Petersen||23.9%||2,193|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 64 General Election (2010)|
|Rebecca Lockhart (R)||3,099|
|Hal Miller (D)||1,896|
Lockhart raised $50,960 for her campaign while Petersen raised $21,006 and Ashby raised $0.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 64 (2008)|
|Rebecca Lockhart (R)||5,774|
|Boyd Petersen (D)||2,660|
|Nathanial Ashby (L)||344|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Lockhart received $55,067 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rebecca Lockhart's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Workers Compensation Fund Of Utah||$2,100|
|Utah County Republican Party||$2,000|
|Sorensen, Beverly T||$1,500|
|Utah Association Of Health Underwriters||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$55,067|
Lockhart raised $50,960 for the 2008 election.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Utah County Republican Party||$2,000|
|Utah Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Lockhart and her husband, Stan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rebecca + Lockhart + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Rebecca Lockhart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Dave Buer, Sutherland Daily: News and Views on Utah Public Policy, "2013 Legislature: Lockhart and Niederhauser on Medicaid expansion," January 28, 2013
- "beckylockhart," Official Campaign Website
- Utah 2012 candidate filings
- Utah House of Representatives election results
- 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- Campaign contributors to Rebecca Lockhart
|Utah House of Representatives District 64
| Succeeded by|
State of Utah
Salt Lake City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Food | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Utah Chairman of Public Service Commission |