|New York State Assembly District 42|
|1979 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||36|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Jacobs earned a BA and MA from Brooklyn College. She and her husband, Jerome, have three children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacobs has been appointed to the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jacobs served on the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 42 2010|
|Rhoda Jacobs (D)||15,363|
|Alan Kesler (R)||1,260|
On November 4, 2008 Jacobs won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 42, defeating opponent Alan Kesler (R).
Jacobs raised $56,493 for his campaign while Kesler raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 42 2008|
|Rhoda Jacobs (D)||25,108|
|Alan Kesler (R)||1,643|
In 2010, Jacobs received $70,071 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rhoda Jacobs's campaign in 2010|
|Century 21 Department Stores||$5,000|
|Jemal, David J||$3,800|
|Brier, Pamela S||$2,500|
|Afscme District Council 37||$2,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$70,071|
In 2008, a year in which Jacobs was up for election, she collected $56,493 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Century 21 Department Stores of New Jersey LLC||$5,000|
|New York State United Teachers||$4,500|
|Friends of Sheldon Silver||$3,800|
|Three individual donations each of:||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jacobs + Jacobs + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Rhoda Jacobs
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |