|New York State Assembly District 42|
|1979 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||35|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Jacobs earned a BA and MA from Brooklyn College. She and her husband, Jerome, have three children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacobs has been appointed to the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jacobs served on the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Jacobs is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 42. She is running against Rodneyse Bichotte in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 42 2010|
|Rhoda Jacobs (D)||15,363|
|Alan Kesler (R)||1,260|
On November 4, 2008 Jacobs won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 42, defeating opponent Alan Kesler (R).
Jacobs raised $56,493 for his campaign while Kesler raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 42 2008|
|Rhoda Jacobs (D)||25,108|
|Alan Kesler (R)||1,643|
In 2010, Jacobs received $70,071 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rhoda Jacobs's campaign in 2010|
|Century 21 Department Stores||$5,000|
|Jemal, David J||$3,800|
|Brier, Pamela S||$2,500|
|Afscme District Council 37||$2,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$70,071|
In 2008, a year in which Jacobs was up for election, she collected $56,493 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Century 21 Department Stores of New Jersey LLC||$5,000|
|New York State United Teachers||$4,500|
|Friends of Sheldon Silver||$3,800|
|Three individual donations each of:||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jacobs + Jacobs + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Jacobs+Jacobs+New York+Assembly&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss|template=slpfeed|max=10|title=Jacobs Jacobs News Feed
- New York Assembly - Rep. Rhoda Jacobs
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jacobs
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Rhoda Jacobs
|New York Assembly - District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |