For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Rhode Island 2010 ballot measures
November 2, 2010 general election ballot in the state of Rhode Island.
- Legislative session in Rhode Island ended in late June.
- Section 1 of Article 14 of the Rhode Island Constitution states that the Rhode Island General Assembly can initiate the process of legislatively-referred constitutional amendments "by a roll call vote of a majority of the members elected to each house."
On the ballot
|Question 1||Admin. of gov't||Change the state's official name|
|LBM||Question 2||Bond issues||Issues general obligation bonds for higher education.|
|LBM||Question 3||Bond issues||Issues general obligation bonds for transportation|
|LBM||Question 4||Bond issues||Issues general obligation bonds for open space and recreation.|
The following measure was vetoed by Governor of Rhode Island Donald Carcieri after it was passed to the ballot by the Rhode Island General Assembly. The General Assembly had the option of reconvening to override the veto and re-send the measure to the ballot, but did not.
|Casino Gambling Amendment||Gambling||Would allow the operation of casino gambling in the state.|
Not on the ballot
The following measures were not on the ballot:
|Ethics Law Change||Admin. of gov't||Change ethics law to cease partial immunity of state legislature.|
|Consolidation Amendment||Admin. of gov't||Would allow the consolidation of town and city services such as public safety.|
|Bond Question||Bond issues||Authorizes the issuance of bonds and temporary notes of the state for the capital projects|
- Sample ballot for the Rhode Island ballot questions
- Question 2 passes by 10 percent
- RI approves road repairs, bus fleet upgrades
- RI approves $78M for chemistry, art buildings
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found