Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 18|
Becker is a cardiologist and Cortlandt town council member.
According to The New York Times, Rich Becker and former Bill Clinton aide Sean Maloney are the frontrunners. The Times has endorsed Becker, based on the paper's concerns about Maloney's handling of an investigation of Eliot Spitzer. Maloney, unsurprisingly, has gained the endorsement of his former boss, Bill Clinton, along with the nod from major unions in the state. The New York State United Teachers, the state AFL-CIO, and some large SEIU locals.
Maloney stresses his endorsements, as well as his fundraising advantage over the rest of the Democratic candidates -- the funding, he says, will be necessary to unseat Hayworth in the general. Alexander, on the other hand, says that money will pour in to whoever opposes Hayworth.
- Somers Daily Voice "New York Times Endorses Becker In Democratic Primary," June 19, 2012
- Politicker "Rich Becker Has Questions for Sean Patrick Maloney," April 9, 2012
- New York Times "Primary Day Is June 26," June 15, 2012
- Policker "Sean Patrick Maloney Rolling Up Labor Support," June 8, 2012
- PolitickerNY "Hayworth opponent officially declares campaign," November 10, 2011
- Tom Wilson campaign site "Wilson announces campaign for New York's 19th congressional district," January 17, 2012
- WNYC "In Hudson Valley, Dems Crowd Primary to Challenge Freshman Hayworth," June 19, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||