|Iowa State Senate District 5|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Olive has received his high school diploma.
Olive served in the United States Army National Guard. He has been President of Story City Development Corporation. He is currently owner/President of Norsemen Insurance and Realty.
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Government Oversight Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Olive was unopposed. 
On November 7, 2008, Olive was re-elected to the 5th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating James M. Kurtenbach (R). Olive raised $231,239 for his campaign, while Kurtenbach raised $206,876. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 5 (2006)|
|Rich Olive (D)||11,224|
|James M. Kurtenbach (R)||11,162|
In 2006 Olive collected $231,239 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$114,315|
|Forward Together PAC||$9,500|
|Progressive Patriots Fund||$9,000|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$8,500|
Olive and his wife, Marian, have three children.
- Campaign Website
- Sen. Olive's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Rich Olive
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Rich Olive on Facebook
|Iowa Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|