|Former Candidate for Governor of Illinois
|Political party||Green Party|
|Profession||Partner, Speir and Whitney|
In late fall 2010, Whitney was trailing the GOP’s Bill Brady and incumbent Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in every statewide poll.
The Chicago Sun Times reported that Whitney's name was spelled Whitey on ballots in 23 wards in Chicago, half of which are predominantly African-American areas.
Whitney held a press conference on October 13th to demand he be invited to appear in three debates that Gov. Quinn and GOP candidate Bill Brady were participating in. Video of the conference is here:
In 2010, Whitney said his candidacy for Governor represents a chance to break the two-party back and forth in Springfield.
- Rich Whitney Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Rich Whitney on Facebook
- Rich Whitney on Twitter
- Rich Whitney on YouTube
- Whitney For Governor
- Illinois' Other Parties Differ on Get Out the Vote Plans, Illinois Statehouse News, 10/12/10
- Whitney is Whitey on Some Ballots, Chicago Sun-Times, 10/14/10
- Green Gov. Candidate Wants More Than Token Consideration, Illinois Statehouse News, 08/10/10