|New York State Assembly District 75|
|1971 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||44|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Cornell University, 1968|
|J.D.||Columbia Law School, 1973|
|Date of birth||05/16/1947|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Gottfried's professional experiences include law clerk and attorney.
Gottfried earned a BA in government from Cornell University and a JD from Columbia Law School. He and his wife, Louise, have one child; Michael.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gottfried served on the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gottfried served on the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Gottfried ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 75. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Richard Gottfried Incumbent||100%||38,718|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Gottfried ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Michael Chan (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 75 2010|
|Richard Gottfried (D)||26,085|
|Michael Chan (R)||5,893|
On November 4, 2008 Gottfried won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 75, defeating opponent Saul Farber (R).
Gottfried raised $77,879 for his campaign while Farber raised $71,306.
|New York State Assembly, District 75 2008|
|Richard Gottfried (D)||43,452|
|Saul Farber (R)||9,371|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Gottfried received $219,188 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Gottfried's campaign in 2010|
|Health Care Association Of New York State||$17,400|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$3,800|
|New York State Nurses Association||$3,800|
|Smith, Scott R||$3,800|
|Afscme District Council 37||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$219,188|
In 2008, a year in which Gottfried was up for re-election, he collected $77,879 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Manatt Phelps & Phillips||$5,000|
|Health care Association of New York State||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,700|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$3,600|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Richard Gottfried
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gottfried
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Richard Gottfried
|New York Assembly District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |