|New York State Assembly District 75|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Gottfried's professional experiences include law clerk and attorney.
Gottfried earned a BA in government from Cornell University and a JD from Columbia Law School. He and his wife, Louise, have one child; Michael.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gottfried has been appointed to the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gottfried served on the following committees:
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Gottfried ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Michael Chan (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 75 2010|
|Richard Gottfried (D)||26,085|
|Michael Chan (R)||5,893|
On November 4, 2008 Gottfried won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 75, defeating opponent Saul Farber (R).
Gottfried raised $77,879 for his campaign while Farber raised $71,306.
|New York State Assembly, District 75 2008|
|Richard Gottfried (D)||43,452|
|Saul Farber (R)||9,371|
In 2008, a year in which Gottfried was up for re-election, he collected $77,879 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Manatt Phelps & Phillips||$5,000|
|Health care Association of New York State||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,700|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$3,600|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Richard Gottfried
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||