Democrat Richard LeBlanc of Detroit is the current state representative for the 18th District of the Michigan House of Representatives which is located in Wayne County and includes the entire city of Westland. He is serving his second term. Rep. LeBlanc worked for the Ford Motor Company in Westland and was a member of the United Auto Workers Union. He was a member of the law enforcement for the cities of Westland. He is currently a reserve police officer for the city of Canton. He resides in Westland with his wife, Cheryl LeBlanc, and has two sons named Rick and Jeff. They are Roman Catholic.
- 1 Previous Offices Held
- 2 Political Campaign History
- 3 Richard LeBlanc’s Voting Record
- 4 Richard LeBlanc’s Committee Assignments, 2009-2010 Legislature
- 5 Richard LeBlanc’s Campaign Contributions
- 6 External links
Previous Offices Held
LeBlanc served as an officer and trustee for Wayne/Westland Community Schools, Board of Education from 1992 to 1995. He was elected to the Westland City Council, where he served from 1995 to 2001 and 2003 to 2006.
Political Campaign History
In 2006 he filed to run for the seat being vacated by Rep. Glenn S. Anderson, who ran successfully for the Michigan State Senate. LeBlanc won easily in the heavily Democratic 18th District, which is located in Wayne County and includes the Detroit suburb of Westland.
Richard LeBlanc’s Voting Record
Richard LeBlanc on Key Votes of the 2009-2010 Legislature
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Richard LeBlanc’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Richard LeBlanc’s 0 missed roll-call votes
Richard LeBlanc’s Committee Assignments, 2009-2010 Legislature
Richard LeBlanc’s Campaign Contributions
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Richard LeBlanc
N697 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Richard LeBlanc
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Richard LeBlanc profile
- Michigan Votes - Richard LeBlanc
- Michigan House Democrats - Richard LeBlanc
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |