Difference between revisions of "Richard Marcellais"
m (Text replace - "|Per diem = Up to $1,351/month for lodging" to "|Per diem = Up to $1,569/month for lodging")
|Line 201:||Line 201:|
Revision as of 00:39, 11 June 2014
|North Dakota State Senate District 9|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1968-1971|
Marcellais earned an A.A.S. in Business Administration and a degree in Structural Drafting. He has worked as Assistant General Manager for Sky Dancer Hotel & Casino. Marcellais served in the United States Army from 1968 to 1971.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Marcellais served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Marcellais served on these committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Marcellais served on these committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Human Services|
Elections for the office of North Dakota State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Richard Marcellais was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Dakota Senate General Election, District 9(2010)|
|Richard Marcellais (D)||2,208||56.15%|
|Christopher Albertson (R)||1,716||43.64%|
On November 7, 2006, Marcellais was elected to the 9th District Seat in the North Dakota State Senate, besting Ellen Dunlop (R). Marcellais raised $500 for his campaign, while Dunlop did not raise any money.
|North Dakota Senate, District 9 (2008)|
|Richard Marcellais (D)||1,988|
|Ellen Dunlop (R)||1,708|
In 2010, Marcellais received $4,825 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Richard Marcellais's campaign in 2010|
|North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party||$1,000|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$750|
|Senator Byron Dorgan||$500|
|Senator Kent Conrad||$500|
|North Dakota Long Term Care Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$4,825|
In 2006, Marcellais collected $500 in donations.
This was his only contributor.
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Marcellais received a score of 33.33% on policy legislation and voted against 5.70% of state spending. On policy, Marcellais was ranked 39th and on spending was ranked 13th, out of 46 Senate members evaluated for the study.
Marcellais and his wife, Betty, have two children.
- North Dakota State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "North Dakota Senate spending, 2006," accessed May 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
|North Dakota State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|