|Pennsylvania State House District 8|
|2001 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Saint Francis College, 1973|
|Master's||Suffolk University, 1977|
|Place of birth||Mercer, PA|
|Profession||Real Estate Appraiser|
Stevenson earned his BA from Saint Francis College in 1973. He went on to receive his MBA from Suffolk University in 1977.
Stevenson served in the United States Air Force as a Sergeant from 1968 to 1972. He then worked for RCA Corporation from 1973 to 1975. He has been owner/operator of Stevenson & Company since 1981 and currently works as a Real Estate Appraiser.
Stevenson served on the Grove City Borough Council from 1985 to 1993. From 1988 to 1993, he served as President of this council. In 2001, he joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He has served in that position since, representing the 8th District. Beginning in the 2011 session, Stevenson will serve as Caucus Administrator.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stevenson served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stevenson served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stevenson served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Professional Licensure|
Stevenson ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 8. Stevenson ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Richard Stevenson Incumbent||100%||23,187|
Stevenson won re-election to the 8th District Seat in 2010. He was unopposed in both the May 18 Republican primary and the November 2 general election.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 8|
|Richard Stevenson (R)||18,360||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8|
|Dick Stevenson (R)||24,389||100.00%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Stevenson raised $33,950 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania Society Of Anesthesiologists||$2,000|
|Stilley, John M||$2,000|
|Pennsylvania Academy Of Ophthalmology||$1,000|
|Pennsylvania State Troopers Association||$1,000|
Stevenson and his wife, Susan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Richard + Stevenson + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Richard Stevenson's personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Stevenson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- "Republican Caucus Chooses Smith, Turzai, Saylor as New House Leaders," Pennsylvania Independent, November 9, 2010
- Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to Richard Stevenson
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |