Richard W. Young
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 9|
|Bachelor's||Long Island University, C.W. Post College|
|Profession||Attorney/NYC Policeman (Retired)|
Young said he decided to run because “After having thoroughly reviewed Mr. Saladino’s record, I found out he wasn’t the conservative he purports to be.”
On his campaign website, Young listed four key issues:
- Smaller Government = Job Creation: "We need to eliminate existing wasteful laws and regulations that have failed in their purpose. We need to create a competitive environment for private sector businesses who have been taxed to death."
- Taxes: "I will not vote for any tax increases once I’m in the Assembly. We don’t have a revenue problem in New York State, we have a spending problem. No more tax increases."
- Education: "New York State has the highest spending per pupil in the country, but is 38th in results. Money is not the only problem facing our failing schools. I would propose a number of measures to help with the cost and effectiveness of our schools." These include consolidating services, reforming the Triborough Amendment, ending unfunded mandates, and offering both general and Regents diplomas.
- Protecting Individual Rights: "I believe in the Constitution. Elected officials do not have the right to decide which parts of the Constitution that they want to support or ignore. Every elected official has sworn to 'support the Constitution of the United States,' yet we see laws and actions by government that clearly cross the line."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Young ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 9. Young lost to incumbent Joseph S. Saladino -- who also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets -- in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Joseph Saladino Incumbent||81.6%||3,355|
- Conservative Society For Action
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Young + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Farmingdale Observer, "Assemblyman Saladino Faces GOP Primary Challenge," August 24, 2012
- Rich Young 2012, "Issues," accessed August 31, 2012
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |