Wisconsin Assembly District 60
Aaron graduated from the University of Wisconsin Madison with a degree in Elementary Education, teaching in the Milwaukee and Madison public schools. He also served in the Army Reserves and National Guard from 1969 to 1975. In addition to his work in education and the military, Aaron is a professional flutist and flute instructor. He has been a member of the Madison Teacher's Union and the Musician's Union. He currently serves as the Director of Activities for the Sarah Chudnow Community, a senior living facility.
On his 2011 campaign site, Aaron lays out his policy positions:
- Healthcare: "Stop Politicizing Health Care! Washington gridlock caused a weakened bill to be passed and politically motivated states are suing to have it declared unconstitutional. Politics on both sides has taken over our medical system and it must stop! We must demand that our legislatures and Congressional Representatives stop the politics and pay attention to our health care needs. The current bill is only a start. We need legislation that improves the Health Care system, reduces state, federal and individual medical costs and puts care back in the hands of the doctors not the insurance companies."
- Tourism: "The #1 source of income for the state of Wisconsin is tourism. The #1 reason why tourists come to Wisconsin is recreational fishing. In order to preserve this income (which is in the 100's of millions of dollars!), we need to preserve our lakes and streams!"
- Gun control: "I support firearm regulations to protect the safety of citizens and law enforcement officers. These include requiring safety locks on guns and background checks on all gun purchasers. I support Wisconsin's concealed carry ban. The events in Tucson should be a wake up call for all of us."
- Jobs: "Job Creation is of the utmost importance. We must commit resources to exploring new technologies, alternative energy, and stop thinking in terms of now, but 10 and 25 years from now."
- Education: "A quality education is fundamental for any society to survive. This includes not only activities in the classroom, but ensuring that families have the tools needed to allow their children to be successful."
- Rick Aaron, Candidate: 414-364-9532, email@example.com
- Bridget Moen, Campaign Manager: 608-513-0854; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lin Clousing, Treasurer: email@example.com
- WKBT "3 Wis. lawmakers bid adieu to take jobs with gov", January 3, 2011
- Campaign Site, "Biography"
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Governor Orders Special Elections for Three Assembly Seats," February 23, 2011
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Stroebel, Aaron advance in 60th Assembly race," April 6, 2011
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Stroebel wins 60th Assembly seat," May 3, 2011