Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 9|
|January 3, 1983 – January 3, 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2010|
|J.D.||University of Virginia School of Law|
|Birthday||August 1, 1946|
|Place of birth||Abingdon, Virginia|
Boucher lost the race on November 2, 2010 when he ran for re-election against Morgan Griffith, with Boucher's 46% to Griffith's 51%. Boucher raised $2.46 million, while Griffith raised $569,000 in campaign contributions.
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Boucher has voted with the House Democratic leadership 96.1% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 94.5% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post from July 23, 2010, concluded that he votes 96.5% of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- Boucher's House website
- "Election aftermath: How the dollars played out," Old Dominion Watchdog, November 3, 2010
- "GOP picks up three House spots in Virginia," Virginia Statehouse News, November 3, 2010
- Virginia Public Access Project, federal contributions for election 2010
- A Line of Sight, July 2010
- The Washington Post analysis