|North Carolina State Senate District 24|
|January 26, 2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill|
|Profession||Owner, ERA Gunn Realty|
Gunn earned his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He is a realtor who has operated his own practice, Gunn and Associates LLC, for 25 years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gunn served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on Department of Transportation|
|• Pensions & Retirement & Aging|
|• Program Evaluation|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gunn served on these committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Program Evaluation|
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Rick Gunn was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Richard Gunn Incumbent||79%||51,230|
|North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 24 (2010)|
|Richard Gunn (R)||25,674||52.92%|
|Tony Foriest (D)||20,430||42.11%|
|Barry Coe (L)||2,412||4.97%|
Comprehensive donor information for Gunn is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Gunn raised a total of $1,005,862 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 28, 2013.
|Rick Gunn's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 24||$110,849|
|2010||North Carolina State Senate, District 24||$508,138|
|2008||North Carolina State Senate, District 24||$386,875|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,005,862|
2012Gunn won re-election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Gunn raised a total of $110,849.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Gunn's campaign in 2012|
|Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina||$5,000|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$4,500|
|Branch Banking & Trust Corp||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$110,849|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Gunn and his wife, Gayle, have two children. They currently reside in Burlington, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Gunn + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Senate Website
- Official Project Vote Smart biography
- Official Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Gunn for NC Senate: Bio
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 9, 2012
- General Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Gunn Jr, Richard W" Accessed August 28, 2013
Tony Foriest (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|