|Nebraska State Senate District 31|
|January 9, 2013 - present|
|January 4, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Lake Forest College, 1966|
|Master's||University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1970|
|Ph.D.||University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1978|
|Service/branch||U.S. Marine Corps Reserve|
|Years of service||1964 - 1967|
|Date of birth||December 26, 1944|
|Place of birth||LaSalle, Illinois|
Kolowski's professional experience includes working as a teacher and founding principal of Millard West High School. Kolowski served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kolowski served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Nebraska Retirement Systems|
From Kolowski's website
...I will work tirelessly to promote education, create high-tech jobs, eliminate wasteful government spending and balance Nebraska’s budget. Having owned a home in our community for over 40 years, I understand the need for expanding Nebraska’s property tax relief programs.
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Kolowski won election in the 2012 election for District 31 of the Nebraska Unicameral. Kolowski was unopposed in the May 15 primary election and defeated Acela Turco in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 31, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kolowski is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kolowski raised a total of $146,883 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Rick Kolowski's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nebraska State Senate, District 31||$146,883|
|Grand Total Raised||$146,883|
2012Kolowski won election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Kolowski raised a total of $146,883.
|Nebraska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Kolowski's campaign in 2012|
|Nebraska State Education Association||$38,142|
|Nebraska Hospital Association||$6,000|
|Nebraska United Transportation Union||$5,500|
|Nebraska State AFL-CIO||$4,000|
|Holland, Richard D.||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$146,883|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rick + Kolowski + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Rick Kolowski on Facebook
- [Rick Kolowski for Legislature, home page, retrieved October 18, 2012.]
- Nebraska Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate List for the Primary Election
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of The Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - Primary Election, May 15, 2012," accessed 29 June 2012
- Follow the Money, "Kolowski, Rick." Retrieved May 23, 2013.
|Nebraska State Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|