|U.S. House, Washington, District 2|
|January 3, 2001-present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2000|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|County council member, Snohomish, WA|
|Bachelor's||Pacific Lutheran University|
|Master's||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||June 15, 1965|
|Place of birth||Arlington, WA|
After earning his master's degree in public affairs, Larsen worked as director of public affairs for the Washington State Dental Association and then as an economic development official with the Port of Everett. He went on to serve on the Snohomish County Council before seeking election to the U.S. House.
- 2001-present: U.S. House of Representatives
- 1998-2000: County council, Snohomish, WA
- 1990-1991: Economic development official, Port of Everett
- 1991-1998: Washington State Dental Association
Larsen is a member of the following House committees
- Armed Services Committee
- Seapower and Expeditionary Subcommittee
- Strategic Forces Subcommittee
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Subcommittee Ranking member
Percentage voting with party
Larsen voted with the Democratic Party 91.1% of the time, which ranked 136 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
Larsen is running for re-election in 2012.
On November 2, 2010, Larsen won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating John Koster (R).
|U.S. House of Representatives General Election, Washington, Congressional District 2, 2010|
|Democratic||Rick Larsen Incumbent||51.1%||155,241|
Larsen won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Larsen's campaign committee raised a total of $2,028,596 and spent $2,080,326.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, 2nd District, 2010 - Rick Larsen Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,100,868|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,096,191|
|Top contributors to Rick Larsen's campaign committee|
|Puget Holding Co||$14,798|
|Denny Miller Assoc||$12,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Larsen and his wife, Tiia, have two sons.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Official House website "Committees," Accessed November 11, 2011
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- Bellingham Herald "2012 election field takes shape," June 13, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Rick Larsen 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 11, 2011
- Official House website "Biography," Accessed November 11, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Washington, 2nd District
| Succeeded by|