|U.S. House, Arizona, District 4|
|Place of birth||Parker, AZ|
|Profession||Founder/Owner, Murphy Broadcasting|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 4th Congressional District
Murphy 's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "A commitment to reduce the growing debt that threatens our children and grandchildren."
- Excerpt: "If the Constitution doesn’t give the Federal Government an authority, it belongs to the states!"
- Excerpt: "I fully support the 2nd Amendment. "
- Excerpt: "Social Security represents a right and a promise, and everyone who has paid into the program deserves coverage so they may retire with dignity. Social Security is YOUR MONEY."
- Excerpt: "We are the country with the economic, moral, and military might to provide global leadership and stability, and we must always act aggressively to protect our national interests."
- See also: Arizona's 4th Congressional District elections, 2012
Murphy ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 4th District. He was defeated by incumbent Paul Gosar in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Murphy's reports.
|Rick Murphy (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 13, 2012||$0||$9,600||$(5,309.76)||$4,290.24|
|Pre-Primary||August 16, 2012||$18,764.06||$32,900||$(41,116.42)||$10,547.64|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rick + Murphy + Arizona + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Rick Murphy News Feed