|Louisiana House of Representatives District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 17, 2007|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
Owner, Ducournau Restaurant & Townhouse Owner, N & A Incorporated.
He is a member of the Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation, and the Louisiana Rural Caucus.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Nowlin served on the following committees:
Nowlin lost his bid for re-election in 2011. He faced Kenny Cox (D) and Ralph Wilson (D) in the October 22 primary. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary. However, since no candidate reached this threshold, a general election took place on November 19, 2011 between Cox and Nolan. Cox defeated Nowlin to win the seat.
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 23 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Rick Nowlin Incumbent||46.6%||4,847|
|Louisiana House of Representatives, District 23 Blanket Primary, 2011|
|Republican||Rick Nowlin Incumbent||43.6%||5,662|
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 23 (2007)|
|Rick Nowlin (R)||4,333|
|Joseph Michael Sampite (D)||3,766|
In 2007, a year in which Nowlin was up for election, he collected $175,295 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana Association of Business & Industry||$31,000|
|Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation Campaign Committee||$10,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rick + Nowlin + Louisiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rick Nowlin's personal website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Nowlin
- Louisiana Secretary of State "Unofficial Election Results," October 22, 2011
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official election results for November 19, 2011," accessed December 6, 2011
- Official Louisiana House 2007 General Election Results
- Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |