|Michigan House of Representatives District 70|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Grand Valley State University|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Outman is the owner of Outman Excavating.
Outman graduated from Grand Valley State University with a Bachelor of Science in Teaching.
Outman's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Small Business Owner Focused on Job Creation
- Excerpt:"While it is not the job of government to make jobs, it is the job of government to make an environment that is friendly so businesses can create jobs."
I Believe Life is Precious
- Excerpt:"Life is a gift from God, and I will fight to protect His most precious gift: life. We must protect the most vulnerable in our communities: the sick, the elderly, and the unborn. This is why I am Pro-Life."
Dedicated to Creating Transparency in Government
- Excerpt:"Lawmakers often forget who employs them, US! I believe that it is important to create accountability and transparency in our government. The books should be open for all to see and everything should be done out in the open."
Defender of the 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt:"From my time in the military serving our country and a lifetime spent hunting, my belief that the right to bear arms is part of what makes this country great. This belief led me to join the National Rifle Association, and I will fight to protect and restore our freedoms in every way."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Outman has been appointed to these committees:
Outman ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7. The general election is November 6.
Outman won election to the District 70 Seat in 2010. He defeated Denise Drury, Lloyd Scoby, Ed Sternisha and Michael Van Kleeck in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Michael Huckleberry (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 70 General election (2010)|
|Rick Outman (R)||12,932|
|Michael Huckleberry (D)||10,086|
|Patty Hone (L)||518|
In 2010, Outman raised $203,810 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Michigan||$137,118|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
|Bolger Restore Michigan Fund||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rick + Outman + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Rick Outman received a 73% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Outman and his wife Kris have three children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010