For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Richard "Rick" Slocum|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 25|
|High school||Winnebago High School|
|Bachelor's||Western Illinois University|
|Master's||John Marshall Law School|
|Place of birth||Beloit, Wisconsin|
Slocum is a partner in the law firm of Dreyer, Foote, Streit, Furgason and Slocum, P.A. He earned his BA from Western Illinois University, his JD from Drake University, and LLM from John Marshall Law School.
Slocum served on the West Aurora School District 129 Board of Education from 1991-2006.
On his campaign website Slocum details four main issues of the campaign. Here are excerpts:
- Jobs in Illinois: "Small businesses are the engine that will expand our economy and add jobs. Springfield must make our state business friendly."
- Illinois' Budget Catastrophe: "Financial discipline and spending cuts are required to set Illinois back on track."
- Educating our Children: "Our Constitution requires that Illinois provide high quality public education. It must commit the resources necessary to achieve this in a fiscally responsible way."
- Illinois' Tax Burden: "With its current tax structure and imminent threats of ever-increasing taxes, the state risks losing valuable jobs and businesses to neighboring states that are willing to implement better policies."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Slocum ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 25. Slocum was defeated in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. He faced Jim Oberweis and Dave Richmond. Incumbent Chris Lauzen is not running for re-election in District 25. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
Slocum lives with his wife Cindy in Sugar Grove. They have three children.