|U.S. House, California, District 9|
|High school||Tokay High School (2005)|
|Bachelor's||Princeton University (2009)|
|J.D.||University of California (2012)|
|Profession||Small business owner|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 9th Congressional District
. He lost in the general election.
Gill was born and raised in Lodi, California.
- 2012: University of California, Berkeley, J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law
- 2009: Princeton University, A.B., Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs
- 2005: Tokay High School
Gill is a small business owner.
Gill's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The people of the 9th District deserve a Congressman who will advocate policies that create jobs and sustain the economy in the Central Valley. With unemployment in San Joaquin County nearing 20 percent, the economic downturn is taking a heavy toll on our quality of life."
- Excerpt: "Public education is one of the most vitally important institutions in American life. A robust public school system gives meaning to the American dream, providing every child the opportunity to achieve at levels commensurate with her ambition."
- Excerpt: "A compassionate yet effective, efficient, and innovative health care system is at the heart of the American Dream. Our vitality as a nation is tied not only to our ideals and values, but also to our own health and the health of our loved ones, neighbors, and fellow citizens. It enters our lives both at birth and at death, during planned procedures and at unexpected heartache."
- Excerpt: "The demands of national security, rather than the rhetoric of partisan politics, ought to govern our counterterrorism policy. We face a wide variety of threats from foreign terrorist organizations, and the U.S. Government must use all the tools at its disposal—including intelligence gathering, diplomacy, law enforcement cooperation, and military operations—to detect and disrupt those threats overseas, before they harm American interests at home."
- Excerpt: "The American people deserve a responsible Congress that maintains common sense and contributes to good governance. It is not enough to simply hope that the people's representatives will do the right thing—Congress needs a robust set of rules that emphasize fiscal prudence, stronger ethics, and greater transparency."
- See also: California's 9th congressional district elections, 2012
Gill ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 9th District. He and district 11 incumbent Jerry McNerney (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating John McDonald (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and McNerney won.
Breakdown of the source of Gill's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Gill did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gill's campaign committee raised a total of $2,977,717 and spent $2,947,420.
|U.S. House, California District 9, 2012 - Ricky Gill Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Ricky Gill's campaign committee|
|HD Arnaiz Corp||$20,000
|Performance Trust Capital Partners||$14,250|
|Zeiter Eye Medical Group||$14,000|
|Continuing a Majority Party Action Cmte||$10,000
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Crop Production & Basic Processing||$231,550|