|U.S. House, Utah, District 1|
|January 3, 2003-present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 5, 2003|
|Next general||November 5, 2012|
|Utah House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah|
|Birthday||July 13, 1951|
|Place of birth||Kaysville, UT|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints|
Bishop is running for re-election in 2012.
After earning his bachelor's from the University of Utah, Bishop taught history and government at the high school level for 28 years. He was also a member of the part-time Utah House of Representatives for 25 years.
- 2003-present: U.S. House of Representatives
- 1992-1994: Speaker of the Utah House of Representatives
- 1979-1994: Utah House of Representatives
Bishop is on the following House committees:
- House Rules Committee
- Natural Resources Committee
- Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands Chair
Bishop is on temporary leave from the House Armed Services Committee.
Percentage voting with party
Bishop voted with the Republican Party 90.9% of the time, which ranked 166 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
Bishop is running for re-election in 2012. He will face Leonard Fabiano and Jacqueline Smith in the Republican primary. Democrats Donna McAleer and Ryan Combe, along with Sherry Phipps, are also running for the 1st district seat.
On November 2, 2010, Bishop won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating Morgan E. Bowen (D) Kirk D. Pearson (Constitution), and Jared Paul Stratton (L).
Bishop won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Bishop's campaign committee raised a total of $278,327 and spent $302,771.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Utah, 1st District, 2010 - Rob Bishop Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$11,550|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$11,309|
|Top contributors to Rob Bishop's campaign committee|
|Credit Union National Assn||$10,000|
|National Assn of Realtors||$8,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$24,550|
Bishop and his wife, Jeralynn, have five children and live in Brigham City.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Financial (state level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Official House website "Biography," Accessed November 2, 2011
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- The Hill, "2012 GOP Lawmaker Endorsements for President," retrieved November 23, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Rob Bishop 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 2, 2011
James V. Hansen
|U.S. House of Representatives - Utah, 1st District
| Succeeded by|