Rob Brown recall, Lake County, California (2013)
An effort to recall Rob Brown from his position as Supervisor of Lake County, California was launched in 2013. Brown as been on the Lake County Board of Supervisors representing District 5 since 2001.
Reasons for recall
Recall organizers, Citizens for the Recall of Supervisor Rob Brown, stated on their notice of intention to circulate recall petition:
- They believed Brown has a "conflict of interest".
- They were dissatisfied with Brown's performance.
- They felt Brown's conduct was "unacceptable."
- They had no confidence in Brown's leadership.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in California
On June 4, 2013 recall supporters filed their second notice of intention to circulate a recall petition. The first, submitted in May, had been declared deficient by county election officials. Supporters will need to collect 1,833 signatures (25 percent of District 5's registered voters) in 90 days if the petition is approved.
- Lake County Record-Bee, "Group files notice of intent to circulate recall petition for Lake County supervisor," June 5, 2013
- Recallrobbrown.com, "Home," Accessed: July 30, 2013
- The Press Democrat, "Supporters of Lake County sheriff launch recall against Lake County Supervisor Rob Brown," May 16, 2013
- Lake County Magazine, "Recall Paperwork Has Slight Snags, Process Starts Over," May 17, 2013