Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 45|
|Alexandria City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|Profession||Financial services and technology industry|
Krupicka was a 2011 Democratic candidate for District 30 of the Virginia State Senate. He has served on the Alexandria City Council since 2003. He was also appointed to the State Board of Education by the Governor.
Krupicka graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in Economics. He has worked in the financial services and technology industry.
Krupicka won a special election for Virginia House of Delegates District 45. The seat was vacant following David Englin's (D) resignation, which became effective on August 31. Krupicka defeated Timothy McGhee (R) and Justin Malkin (L) in the special election on September 4, 2012.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Democratic Primary, 2011|
Krupicka's website lists the following issues:
- Making Education a Priority
- Excerpt: "Rob’s plan for education includes expanding access to and the quality of early childhood programs, increasing STEM education throughout the education system, expanding the innovative Governor’s School program so that Elementary and Middle Schools can use it, and increasing professional development for teachers so they can provide the individualized instruction our students need."
- Environmental Stewardship (Energy, Air, Land, Water and Transportation)
- Excerpt: "As Senator Rob will work to promote new electric and hybrid fuel alternatives for cars to counter rising gas prices and help end our dependence on foreign oil and he has a plan to provide local governments with new tools to promote energy conservation and green jobs."
- A Commitment to our Veterans
- Excerpt: "As Senator Rob will steadfastly support legislation to ensure our men and women in uniform have access to education, housing, and employment opportunities when they return home to Virginia."
- Progressive Tax Reform
- Excerpt: "As Senator, Rob will support legislation to make Virginia’s tax system more fair."
- Fairness and Opportunity
- Excerpt: "Rob is a strong supporter of marriage equality."
- Washington Post, "Democrat Krupicka wins Virginia special election," September 4, 2012
- Sun Gazette, "McGhee to Carry GOP Flag in Special Election," August 3, 2012
- Ballston-Virginia Square Patch, "Libertarian Malkin Enters Delegate Race," August 9, 2012
- Virginia Department of State, 2011 Primary candidate list
- Unofficial Democratic Primary Results
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |