|Virginia House of Delegates District 45|
|September 28, 2012-Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Alexandria City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|Date of birth||February 18, 1971|
|Place of birth||California|
|Profession||Financial services and technology industries|
Krupicka graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in Economics. He has worked in the financial services and technology industries as well as with early childhood programs.
Krupicka was a 2011 Democratic candidate for District 30 of the Virginia State Senate. He has served on the Alexandria City Council since 2003. He was also appointed to the State Board of Education by the Governor.
Krupicka's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Education: Strengthening Learning from the Early Years through College
Excerpt: "Rob is working to help every child succeed by pushing for pre-K and after-school programs, to engage parents more deeply in our schools, to support great teachers and to improve access to Virginia's outstanding colleges and universities."
- The Economy: Creating Jobs by Supporting Small Business, Veterans and Innovation
Excerpt: "Rob will continue to help neighborhood small businesses create jobs, to help veterans and all hardworking Virginians find work and to make sure we are competing for the jobs of the future by supporting innovative industries like renewable energy and technology."
- Transportation: Reducing Gridlock and Improving the Environment with New Transit
Excerpt: "With Rob's help, Virginia has expanded bus, metro and rail funding by almost 40%. He will keep fighting for better solutions that reduce gridlock and protect our environment. He'll work to make sure our region and state use our transportation resources effectively."
- Health Care: Improving Health Care with Efficient Reforms and Access for Everybody
Excerpt: "Rob has been a successful champion for improved mental health services and is fighting to reform and expand Medicaid to over 400,000 Virginians so that everybody can have access to quality health care - helping us make our health system more cost effective and creating over 30,000 new jobs in Virginia."
- Equality: Fighting for Equal Rights for all Virginians
Excerpt: "Rob supports marriage equality and is committed to making sure every Virginian has the opportunity to live and work equally in our state regardless of age, race, gender, or sexual orientation. He co-sponsored anti-discrimination bills in the last session and is committed to making this a priority. Rob sees these issues as not only the right thing to do, but also critical for our economy, for attracting employers to the state and working with the military partners in Virginia which are providing full equality for their employees."
Krupicka's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Making Education a Priority
Excerpt: "Rob’s plan for education includes expanding access to and the quality of early childhood programs, increasing STEM education throughout the education system, expanding the innovative Governor’s School program so that Elementary and Middle Schools can use it, and increasing professional development for teachers so they can provide the individualized instruction our students need."
- Environmental Stewardship (Energy, Air, Land, Water and Transportation)
Excerpt: "As Senator Rob will work to promote new electric and hybrid fuel alternatives for cars to counter rising gas prices and help end our dependence on foreign oil and he has a plan to provide local governments with new tools to promote energy conservation and green jobs."
- A Commitment to our Veterans
Excerpt: "As Senator Rob will steadfastly support legislation to ensure our men and women in uniform have access to education, housing, and employment opportunities when they return home to Virginia."
- Progressive Tax Reform
Excerpt: "As Senator, Rob will support legislation to make Virginia’s tax system more fair."
- Fairness and Opportunity
Excerpt: "Rob is a strong supporter of marriage equality."
Krupicka won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 45. Krupicka ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. He defeated Jeffrey Engle (I) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 45 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Rob Krupicka Incumbent||73.7%||21,197|
Krupicka won a special election for Virginia House of Delegates District 45. The seat was vacant following David Englin's (D) resignation, which became effective on August 31. Krupicka defeated Timothy McGhee (R) and Justin Malkin (L) in the special election on September 4, 2012.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 45, Special Election, 2012|
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Democratic Primary, 2011|
In 2013, Krupicka’s endorsements included the following:
- Virginia League of Conservation Voters
- Virginia Education Association
- Sierra Club
- LGBT Democrats of Virginia
- NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia
Krupicka and his wife, Lisa, have two daughters.
- The Washington Post, "Democrat Krupicka wins Virginia special election," September 4, 2012
- NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, "NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia PAC Endorses Rob Krupicka in 45th House District Special Election," August 29, 2012
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rob + Krupicka + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Krupicka's website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Krupicka for State Senate on Facebook
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight page
- Wikipedia page
- Washington Post, "Democrat Krupicka wins Virginia special election," September 4, 2012
- Alexandria News, "Krupicka Sworn In As State Delegate," September 28, 2012
- Rob Krupicka, "About Rob," accessed September 4, 2013
- Rob Krupicka, "On The Issues," accessed September 4, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Sun Gazette, "McGhee to Carry GOP Flag in Special Election," August 3, 2012
- Ballston-Virginia Square Patch, "Libertarian Malkin Enters Delegate Race," August 9, 2012
- Virginia Department of State, 2011 Primary candidate list
- Unofficial Democratic Primary Results
- Rob Krupicka, "Endorsements," accessed September 4, 2013
|Virginia House of Delegates District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |