|Louisiana State Senate, District 36|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November, 2003|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
|Associate's||Louisiana Technical University|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1965-1967|
Adley's professional experience includes working as a Securities Broker for the National Association of Securities Dealers, President of ABCO Petroleum Corporation, and President/CEO of Pelican Gas Management Incorporated. He served in the United States Marine Corps from 1965 to 1967.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Adley served on the following committees:
- Judiciary C
- Revenue & Fiscal Affairs
- Transportation, Highways & Public Works, Chairman
- Joint Legislative Capital Outlay, Vice Chair
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Adley served on the following committees:
- Capital Outlay
- Judiciary C
- Revenue & Fiscal Affairs, Vice Chair
- Transportation, Highways & Public Works
In the 2008-2009 legislative session, Adley served on the following committees:
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
On August 4, 2011, Adley announced he would be running for re-election. He ran unopposed in the October 22 primary. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary. However, if no candidate reaches this threshold, then a general election would have taken place on November 19, 2011 between the top-two vote getters.
In 2007 Adley was re-elected to the Louisiana State Senate District 36. Adley (D) finished with 24,371 votes while his opponent Tyler Nezat (R) finished with 9,004 votes.
|Louisiana State Senate District 36|
|Robert Adley (D)||24,371|
|Tyler Nezat (R)||9,004|
In 2011, Adley received $219,057 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Adley's campaign in 2011|
|Robert Adley For Senate||$10,000|
|Vowell Development Group||$7,500|
|Guest Care Management||$6,000|
|Beta Land Services||$4,000|
|Cmte For Good Government Candidates||$2,800|
|Total Raised in 2011||$219,057|
In 2007, a year in which Adley was up for election, he collected $287,271 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Senate Democratic Campaign Committee of Louisiana||$9,000|
|Goldking Operating Co||$2,500|
|Fluid Disposal Specialties Inc||$2,500|
Adley and his wife, Claudia, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Robert + Adley + Louisiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Adley's website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Shreveport Times, "Briefly: Robert Adley makes bid for re-election," August 4, 2011
- Louisiana Secretary of State "Unofficial Election Results," October 22, 2011
- Louisiana State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money, "Campaign Contributions, 2007," accessed August 24, 2011
|Louisiana State Senate District 36
| Succeeded by|